Service & Support
Available 24 hours 7 days a week 365 days a year
Fluid Chillers, Inc. prides itself on having one of the best and most responsive service departments in our industry.
The delivery of one of our cooling systems marks the beginning of a lasting relationship with our valued customers.
Custom Design and Engineering
- Sizing to determine size and design of cooling system which bests fits customer requirements
- Proper sizing design and installation almost always guarantees minimum service.
|Partial installation, complete installation, and installation supervision available globally
||Engineering services for system layout and piping design
8:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST)
After Hours Emergency Line
One of the main service calls that we receive on Air Cooled Chillers, has to do with the customers’ restricting airflow to the unit.
This is a photo showing one of the worst cases we have ever seen. The customer installed a outdoor 30 ton Chiller with a sheet metal enclosure above and around it.
This chiller also had two condensers and instead of following the 6’ clearance requirement from the outside wall, they chose to locate the air inlet 18" from the outside block wall.
Result: The hot air that was vertically discharged was forced back through the condensers because of the sheet metal enclosure and close proximity to the wall.
Consequence: Electrical components overheated and failed
Solution: Remove enclosure, move chiller 6’ from wall.
- Please follow clearance requirements in owner’s manual and installation guide.
- Please consult factory for field modifications (warranty can be affected)
Recommended Clearance Guidelines
- 6' clearance on air inlet side for 10 ton & above units
- 42" clearance on air inlet side for under 10 ton units
- On vertical air discharge units:
- Outdoor unit, no obstructions above
- Indoor unit, use 3 times chiller height